How to find a lost phone
- Method 1: Call from another number
- Method 2: Services from Google
- Method 3: application to law enforcement agencies
In case you lost your smartphone or it was stolen, you can immediately find it. In order for users to be able to do this procedure, the phone and OS manufacturers have provided a similar search function for them.
Tracking tools are built into all modern smartphones. The most popular today are GPS, Beidou or GLONASS, used in China and Russia. If necessary, you can find where you are at the moment or where your phone is now, if it has been stolen or lost, using data from the tracking system.
In some phones it is very difficult to disable navigation for a regular user.
Method 1: Call from another number
If you can not find a smartphone in the apartment or left at a party, you can very easily and quickly find it. Ask someone for a phone and dial your number. If you didn’t turn on silent mode, then, after listening, you will hear a bell or a vibration. If the sound is turned off, then you can find a smartphone on the luminous screen.
The same method can be used if the phone was stolen, but the attacker did not have time to pull out the card. By making a call on the SIM card, the police will be easier to find the location of the phone.
Method 2: Services from Google
Thanks to standard navigators, you can try to find the lost smartphone on Android yourself. But if you can not find it at home, then this option is not suitable. The fact is that GPS cannot tell you so accurately the location of the device.
Naturally, if you discover the loss of a smartphone, you must immediately contact the police. After that, you can already try to find a smartphone using a regular computer. If the method has yielded any results, immediately submit them to law enforcement agencies to speed up the search process.
To obtain all the necessary data, check whether your smartphone fits the following criteria:
- Smartphone included. If this is not the case, then you will be shown the place where the phone was in the on state for the last time.
- You have the opportunity to log into Google account to which your device is attached.
- If at the moment the phone is not connected to the Internet, then you will see its latest location when the network is connected.
- The transfer of geodata is currently running.
- The "Find device" feature is activated on your smartphone.
Ideally, all of the above conditions should be met. But if at least the last couple are completed, then you can already try to find the device on the Android operating system. To do this, you need to perform the following actions:
- Open the Find My Device application.
- Enter your login and password to log into the account, which is tied to the Play Market on the desired device.
- A map appears on the screen, which will indicate the location of the smartphone. Information is approximate. From the left you can view the device name, battery status, the name of the network to which the phone is now connected.
Also, below is a list of features that are provided to facilitate the search:
- If you select the item “Call” , then a call is made that emulates a call. Even if the phone is now in silent mode, the signal will be made at maximum volume. You can also send a message that will be displayed during the call.
- If the attacker has not changed the PIN, then you can try using the "Block" button. The phone is locked and a message that you wrote from the computer appears on the screen.
- If you decide to use the “erase data” function, then all existing information is deleted and you can no longer track the device.
Method 3: application to law enforcement agencies
This method is the most reliable. You can also use it to find the phone if it is turned off and not turned on since the last time you saw it. You must file an application to steal the device with the police.
How to find an IMEI phone yourself via the Internet
Find iphone icloud from your computer is easy!
Android remote control from computer
How to check for authenticity of the iPhone and find out its IMEI
You will immediately be asked to specify the IMEI of your smartphone, which is unique to each model. As soon as the device is turned on, this number is activated and can be traced. It is impossible to change IMEI, and it can only be found in the documents provided with the purchase in the store. However, the police can search for a lost phone for a long time, since a lot depends on the department where the applications were filed.
From the above listed search methods, you can choose the one that suits you. To find a smartphone is real, and manufacturers have made sure that each model has built-in location search systems. If you are sure that the phone was stolen or lost somewhere in a public place, then immediately contact the law enforcement authorities.